Report No. 83
7.29. Section 30-Recommendation.-
The effect of contravention of the statutory restrictions as to the disposal of property by a guardian is dealt with in section 30. The section provides that a disposal of immovable property by a guardian in contravention of section 28 or section 29 is voidable at the instance of any other person affected thereby. The view taken in the majority of the judicial decisions seems to be that a proceeding to set aside the transfer made in contravention of the above restriction1-8 is not needed.
1. Abdul Rahman v. Siikhdayal Singh, 1906 ILR 28 All 30 (Banerji & Richards, JJ.).
2. Jai Narain v. Bache La!, AIR 1938 Cal 369 (372).
3. Jagannath v. Chunni, AIR 1940 All 416 (421) (Mohammad Ismail & Verma, JJ.).
4. Mem Chandra v. Lalit Mohan, (1912) 16 CWN 715.
5. Lalit Kumar v. Nagecndra Lal, AIR 1940 Cal 589 (591).
6. Muthukumara Chetty v. Antony Udayar, 1915 ILR 38 Mad 867 (877) (Sadasiva Ayyar & Speneer, JJ.)•
7. Sivanmalai v. Arunachala, AIR 1938 Mad 822 (Venkatesubba Rao & Abdul Rahman, JJ.).
8. Jagadamba Prasad v. Anadi Nath, AIR 1938 Pat 337 (349) (Wort & Manohar Lall, JJ.).