Report No. 185
11. Substitution of section 18.-
For section 18 of the principal Act, the following section, shall be substituted, namely:-
"18. Admission by party to proceeding or his agent or by party interested in subject matter or by person from whom interest is derived.- (1) Subject to the provisions of this section, statements made by a party to the proceeding which is against his interest are admissions.
(2) Such statements made by an agent to a party to the proceeding, whom the Court regards, under the circumstances of the case, as expressly or impliedly authorized by him to make them, are admissions.
(3) Such statements made by parties to a civil proceeding, where the proceeding is instituted by or against them in their representative character, are not admissions, unless they were made while the party making them held that character.
(4) Such statements made by persons who have a joint proprietary or pecuniary interest in the subject-matter of the proceeding are admissions, provided the following conditions are satisfied:-
(a) the statements are made by such persons in their character of persons so interested, and during the continuance of the interest of the persons making the statements; and
(b) the statements relate to the subject-matter of the proceeding.
(5) Such statements made by persons from whom the parties to the civil proceeding have derived their interest in the subject-matter of the proceeding are admissions, if they are made during the continuance of the interest of the persons making the statements"