Report No. 256
20. Measures Related To Social Welfare. -
The appropriate government shall undertake the following measures relating to social welfare, for all persons affected by Leprosy, and members of their family, that shall include but not be limited to:
(1) formulation of special financial packages that are designed for providing means of livelihood and adequate housing for persons affected by Leprosy and their family members, during and after the treatment;
(2) formation and establishment of a Community-based Rehabilitation forum;
(3) promotion of schemes for neighbourhood support and security;
(4) access to social security and other social protection measures, including employment benefits, parental leave, unemployment benefits, health insurance or other social insurance, family benefits, funeral benefits, pensions and benefits with regard to the loss of support for spouses or partners as the result of illness or death on account of Leprosy, and poverty reduction strategies and programmes; and
(5) enforcement of social programmes, including support programmes, to address factors relating to discrimination of the affected persons, that increase their vulnerability to isolation, homelessness and mental trauma.