Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library

Report No. 154

36. Compensation to complainant etc.-

In imposing any fine, the Nyaya Panchayat may direct that the whole or any portion of the fine recovered shall be applied-

(a) towards defraying the expenses properly incurred in the case by the complainant;

(b) in giving compensation to a person for any material loss or damage caused to him by reasons of commission of the offence.

37. Punishment for non-payment of fine.-

Where a Nyaya Panchayat imposes a fine and such fine is not paid as required, it shall record an order specifying the amount of the fine imposed and that it has not been paid and shall forward the same to the nearest Magistrate, who shall proceed to execute it as if it were an order passed by himself and such Magistrate may sentence the accused to imprisonment in default of payment of fine.

38. Compensation to accused for false or frivolous case.-

If a Nyaya Panchayat is satisfied, after enquiry that a case brought before it is false, frivolous or vexatious, it may order the complainant to pay the accused such compensation, not exceeding rupees one hundred as it deems fit:

Provided that no such order shall be passed, unless the complainant is given an opportunity to show cause against it.

39. Youthful offenders.-

Instead of passing a sentence, the Nyaya Panchayat may, except in the case of the offences under the Andhra Pradesh Prohibition Act, 1995, discharge after due admonition a youthful offender who, in the opinion of such Nyaya Panchayat is, at the time of conviction for the offence, under the age of sixteen years.

The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 Back

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys