Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library

Report No. 154

21. Transfer of Civil Disputes.-

The District and Sessions Judge may on an application by either party to the civil dispute pending before a Nyaya Panchayat transfer the same to any other Nyaya Panchayat within his jurisdiction, if it is considered necessary in the interests of justice.

22. Payment of Interest in money decrees.-

In suits for money where the Nyaya Panchayat passes a decree for payment of money the Nyaya Panchayat may also order payment of interest thereon at a rate not exceeding 12% per annum on the sum decreed from the date of suit till the date of payment or it may direct that it be paid by instalments, without interest or with interest.

23. Execution of decrees and orders.-

Any decree or order passed by a Nyaya Panchayat shall be sent to the District Munsif having jurisdiction over the Mandal concerned and thereupon the District Munsif shall execute the same in accordance with the provisions of the Code of Civil Procedure Code, 1908 as if it is a decree passed by him.

24. Compromise decrees.-

If both the parties to a civil suit or dispute arrive at a compromise and file an application before the Nyaya Panchayat to record the same, the Nyaya Panchayat shall pass a decree in accordance therewith.

25. (1) An appeal shall lie to the District Judge having jurisdiction from any order passed by a Nyaya Panchayat within thirty days from the date of receipt of a copy of such order.

(2) Pending disposal of the appeal, the District Judge may stay the execution of an order or decree, as the case may be appealed against.

(3) The decision of the District Judge in any such appeal shall be final.

The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 Back

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
Powered and driven by Neosys Inc