Report No. 154
(22) Shri Gopal Ram Bhabra, Bayana
(1) The function of a police officer must be only up to registering the F.I.R. The investigation must be done by a separate agency.
(2) The copies of all the documents prepared during investigation must be sent to the court.
(3) Security should be ensured for the convicts and under-trial prisoners, so that there may not be any repetition of the case of Rajan Pillai.
(4) No advocate should be arrested without informing the Advocates Association.
(5) Provision should be made for effective implementation of order relating to Maintenance.
(6) Bail should not be granted in cases of rape.
(7) The burden of proof in cases of bigamy should be on the husband.