Report No. 154
(1) Hon'ble Justice Shri V.S. Dave, Chairman, State Law Commission, Rajasthan, Jaipur
(1) For making investigation, effective and immediate a separate cell should be established, in other words, there should be a separate agency for conducting investigation.
(2) All efforts should be made to establish harmony and adjustments between prosecuting agency and investigating agency.
(3) Special Magistrates should be appointed for recording statements under section 164, Cr. P.C.
(4) The statements recorded under section 162, Cr. P.C. should also be used for corroboration.
(5) Director of prosecution should be a senior most Judicial Officer.
(6) The matter of reintroducing Nyaya Panchayat and its utility should be considered.
(7) All efforts should be for compromise between the parties before charge-sheet is produced in the Court.
(8) All the offences punishable with three years or more than 3 years imprisonment should be tried as warrant cases.
(9) The practice of appointing Honorary and Special Magistrates should be re-introduced.
(10) section 313 of Cr. P.C. should be thoroughly improved and it should not be a mere formality.
(11) There should be proper and adequate provision for compensating the aggrieved and victims of crimes.
(12) Full importance should be given to the doctrine of victimology.
(13) Law should be enacted for fully compensating the aggrieved persons suffering from various crimes.
(14) There should be the same procedure for summons and warrant trials.
(15) It is necessary to change the procedure of trial of summary cases in Essential Commodities Act. The ,necessity of trial being completed by one and the same Presiding Officer should be done away with.