Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library

Report No. 15

17. Application to district court against decision on objection.-

(1) If the licensed Minister or the Marriage Registrar upholds an objection to an intended marriage and refuses to issue the certificate of notice of marriage, either party to the intended marriage may, within a period of twenty-one days from the date of such refusal, apply by petition to the district court.

(2) The district court may examine the allegations of the petition in a summary manner, and shall decide the matter after giving a reasonable opportunity to the parties to be heard.

(3) The decision of the district court on such petition shall be final, and the licensed Minister or the Marriage Registrar shall act in conformity with the decision.

(Section 46, Christian Marriage Act, extended.)
[Cf. section 8(2), S.M.A.]

Report on the Law of Christian Marriage and Divorce Back

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys