Report No. 161
10. Proceedings of the Central Vigilance Commission.-
(1) The Central Vigilance Commission shall meet at the head office or any of its offices at such time and on such dates as the Chief Vigilance Commissioner may direct. It shall be open to the Chief Vigilance Commissioner to constitute sub-committees comprising the Chief Vigilance Commissioner and one or more Vigilance Commissioners for convenient transaction of the business of the Commission, which shall be empowered to take decisions on behalf of the Commission.
(2) The Chief Vigilance Commissioner or, if he is unable to attend a meeting of the Commission, any other Vigilance Commissioner nominated by the Chief Vigilance Commissioner in this behalf and, in the absence of such nomination or where there is no Chief Vigilance Commissioner, any Vigilance Commissioner chosen by the Vigilance Commissioners present from among themselves, shall preside at the meeting.
(3) All questions which come up before any meeting of the Central Vigilance Commission shall be decided by a majority of votes of the Chief Vigilance Commissioner/Vigilance Commissioners present and voting, and in the event of an equality of votes, the Chief Vigilance Commissioner or the person presiding shall have the right to exercise a second or casting vote.
(4) Save as otherwise provided in sub-section (3), Chief Vigilance or every Vigilance Commissioner shall have one vote.
(5) All orders and decisions of the Central Vigilance Commission shall be authenticated by the Secretary or any other officer of the Central Vigilance Commission duly authorised by the Chief Vigilance Commissioner in this behalf.