Report No. 19
23. Distribution of assets.-
(1) When the Administrator-General has given the prescribed notice to creditors and others to send in to him their claims against the estate of the deceased, he shall, at the expiration of the time therein named for sending in claims, be at liberty to distribute the assets or any part thereof in discharge of such lawful claims as he has notice of.
(2) The Administrator-General shall not be liable for the assets so distributed to any person of whose claims he had not notice at the time of such distribution.
(3) No notice of any claim which has been sent in and has been rejected or disallowed in part by the Administrator-General shall affect him, unless proceedings to enforce such claim are commenced within one month after notice of the rejection or disallowance of such claim has been given in the prescribed manner and unless such proceedings are prosecuted without unreasonable delay.
(4) Nothing in this section shall prejudice the right of any creditor or other claimant to follow the assets or any part thereof in the hands of the persons who may have received the same respectively.
(5) In computing the period of limitation for any suit, appeal or application under the provisions of any law for the time being in force, the period between the date of submission of the claim of a creditor or other claimant to the Administrator-General and the date of the final decision of the Administrator-General on such claim shall be excluded.