Report No. 10
10. Notice to persons interested.-
(1) When a declaration under section 8 is published, the Collector shall cause public notice to be given stating that claims to compensation for all interests in such land shall be made to him.
[Section 9(1), L.A.A.]
(2) Such notice shall state the particulars of the land acquired, and shall require all persons interested in the land to appear personally or by agent before the Collector at a time and place therein mentioned (such time not being earlier than fifteen days after the date of publication of the notice), and to state the nature of their respective interests in the land, the amount and particulars of their claims to compensation for such interests, the basis on which the compensation so claimed is computed their objections, if any, to the area as specified in the declaration, and, such other matters as may be prescribed.
[Section 9(2), part, L.A.A.]
(3) The statements shall be made in writing in the prescribed form and shall be signed by the party or his agent.
[Section 9(2), part, L.A.A]
(4) The Collector shall also serve notice to the same effect on the occupier (if any) of such land and on all such persons known or believed to be interested therein, or to be entitled to act for persons so interested, as reside or have agents authorised to receive service on their behalf, within the revenue district in which the land is situate. Such notice shall be served at least fifteen days before the date on which the persons concerned are to appear and state their respective interests before the Collector.
[Section 9(3), L.A.A.]
(5) In case any person so interested resides elsewhere, and has no such agent, the notice shall be sent to him by registered post in a letter addressed to him at his last known residence, address or place of business.
[Section 9(4), L.A.A.]