Standard Weight and Measures
Price Tags and Stickers
- o manufacturer, packer, wholesales or retail detailer shall sell any packaged commodity at a price exceeding its retail sale price.
- Where any tax payable in relation to a packaged commodity is revised, it shall not be sold at a price exceeding the revised retail sale price, communicated by the manufacturer or packer.
- The manufacturer or packer shall communicate by at least two advertisements in the newspaper, such price revision - whether increase or decrease of any pre-packed commodity.
- The revised retail price shall be charged in relation to packages which were pre-packed in the month in which such tax has been revised or fresh tax has been imposed or in a month following thereto.
- Where the revised prices are lower than the price marked on the package, the commodity shall be sold at the revised price irrespective of the month of packing.
- The retail sale price of any packed commodity indicated on the package or a label affixed thereto, shall not be obliterated, smuggled or altered by any person.
- No additional label should be stuck on a package even with manufacturer's logo or trademark. However, affixing of a price sticker to indicate a retail sale price less than the MRP declared by the manufacturer is not a violation of the Rules, provided that the declaration made by the manufacturer is not obliterated.
The manufacturer or packer shall not alter the price on a wrapper once printed and used for packaging.