Standard Weight and Measures
Packed Commodities Imported into India
All pre-packed commodities imported into India shall carry:
- Name and address of the importer,
- Generic or common name of the commodity packed,
- Net quantity in terms of standard unit of weight and measure without applying standard sizes prescribed under Third Schedule,
- Month and year of packing in which the commodity is manufactured or packed or imported, and retail sale price.
- Importer shall be responsible for making these mandatory declarations in either of the following manners :
- printed on a label securely affixed to the package; or
- made on an additional wrapper and imported package may be kept inside the additional wrapper; or
- printed on the package itself; or
- made on a card or tape affixed firmly to the package or container and bearing the required information.