Selling of Shares
- The seller may directly sell the shares, to a buyer, but here also, it is generally preferred to image services of broker.
- An Order , i.e. " Sale order" will be placed, along with :-
- Share Certificate
- Transfer deed, and
- Details like minimum price etc.
- On receiving, all such things, the broker will hunt for a buyer, and strike the deal over the trading floor of stock exchange or at any other place.
- Once the negotiations are complete, broker will hand over the share certificate, and transfer form to the buyer, and take the payment.
- Finally, the payment will be handed over to the seller, after deducting commission.
If, seller was a member of the company, his name will be struck off, from the register of member, once; company receives the share certificates and transfer forms