Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library

Registered Marriage

Notice of Intended Marriage

A notice has to be given in writing in the form given below to the Marriage Officer of the District in which at least one of the parties to the marriage has resided for a period of not less than 30 days immediately proceeding the date on which such notice was given.


Marriage Officer,

                We hereby give you notice that a marriage under the Special Marriage Act, 1954, is intended to be solemnized between us within three calender months hereof.

Condition :
Place of residence if present dwelling place not permanent.



Witness our hands this _____ day of ___ 200_

Signed AB                   Signed CD

We hereby give you


The notice given is then published by affixing it in some conspicuous place in the office of the Marriage Officer, and before the expiration of thirty days from the date on which the notice was published any person can object to the marriage that it would contravene any of the conditions necessary for the marriage.

          After the expiry of thirty days from the date on which the notice was published the marriage may be solemnized.

Registered Marriage Back

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys