Login : Advocate | Client
Home Post Your Case My Account Law College Law Library

Muslim Women's Right to Maintenance

Where Parents are Unable to Pay

If any of the parents is unable to pay his or her share of the maintenance ordered by the Magistrate on the ground of his or her not having the means to pay the same, the Magistrate may, on proof of such inability being furnished to him, order that the share of such relatives in the maintenance ordered by him, be paid by such of the other relatives as may appear to the Magistrate to have the means of paying the same in such proportions as the Magistrate may think fit to order.

Where Divorced Woman has no Relatives

Where a divorced woman is unable to maintain herself and she has no relatives as mentioned above or any one of them have not enough means to pay the maintenance ordered by the Magistrate, the Magistrate may, by order direct the State Wakf Board, functioning in the area in which the woman resides,

  • To pay such maintenance as determined by him or,
  • As the case may be, to pay the shares of such of the relatives who are unable to pay, at such periods as be may specify in his order.

Muslim Women's Right to Maintenance Back

Client Area | Advocate Area | Blogs | About Us | User Agreement | Privacy Policy | Advertise | Media Coverage | Contact Us | Site Map
powered and driven by neosys