Civil Procedure Code Jurisdiction
Classification of courts according to area and money deputed
The Civil Procedure Code (C.P.C.) is to regulate the functioning of Civil courts. CPC lays down the rules in which a civil court is to function, which may be summed up as follows:
- Procedure of filing the civil case.
- Powers of court to pass various orders.
- >Court fees and stamp involved in filing of case.
- Rights of the parties to a case, viz. plaintiff and defendant
- Jurisdiction and parameters within which the civil courts should function.
- Specific rules for proceedings of a case.
- Right of Appeals, review or reference.