Foreign Trade Policy 2005
16. Trade Facilitation
- To enable the users to make commercial decisions in a more professional manner, DGCI & S trade data shall be made available with minimum time lag in a query based structured format on commercial criteria.
- All DGFT offices shall continue to provide facilitation to exporters in regard to developments in international trade i.e. WTO agreements, Rules of Origin and SPS requirements, anti dumping issues etc. to help the exporters strategise their import and export decisions in an internationally dynamic environment.
- To promote export of Minor Forest Produce products Shellac Export Promotion Council has been designated as a nodal EPC for minor forest produce.
- All EPCs shall open a separate Cell to involve and encourage youth and women entrepreneurs in the export effort.
- HandloomGovernment has decided to develop a trademark for Handloom on lines similar to Woolmark and Silkmark . This will enable handloom products to develop a niche market with a distinct identity.
- Tea - In order to maintain quality and retain the brand equity of Indian teas, the Government has issued a new Tea (Distribution and Export) Control Order, 2005 which prescribes strict norms for tea. All teas, whether imported or exported would be required to conform to the specifications cited in the new Order. Tea has been classified for the purpose of issue of non-preferential Certificate of Origin into three categories:
- Tea wholly produced or obtained in India will only be classified as " India tea."
- Where the Indian tea content in the export is not less than 90% by weight, it will be classified as " India tea (not less than 90% by weight of tea)".
- In case of tea not wholly produced or obtained in India and where the content of Indian tea is less than 90% by weight, it will be classified as "Blended tea of different origin and packed in India ".
The new Order also prescribes a minimum value addition norm of 50% on export of all imported tea and stipulates a time period of 6 months from the date of import for the export of imported tea.