Prevention control and abatement of environmental pollution
- No person carrying on any industry, operation or process shall discharge or emit or permit to be discharged or emitted any environmental pollutant in excess of such standards as may be prescribed.
- No person shall handle or cause to be handled any hazardous substance except in accordance with such procedure and after complying with such safe guards as may be prescribed.
- Where the discharge of any environmental pollutant in excess of the prescribed standards occurs or is apprehended to occur due to any accident or other unforeseen act or event, the person responsible for such discharge and the person in charge of the place at which the discharge occurs shall be bound to prevent or mitigate the environmental pollution and shall also
- intimate the fact of such occurrence or apprehension of such occurrence; and
- be bound, if called upon, to render all assistance.
- On receipt of such information, the authorities or agencies shall cause such remedial measures to be taken as are necessary to prevent or mitigate the environmental pollution.
The expenses incurred by any authority or agency may be recovered from the person concerned as arrears of land revenue or of public demand.