Benefits and privileges
- Issuance of a registration certificate on being granted overseas citizenship.
- Issuance of an overseas citizen passport.
- No requirement of visa for travel to India (both passports will be required to be presented while traveling to/from India.).
- No registration formalities for staying in the country.
- No separate documentation required for admission in colleges/institutions or for taking employment.
- Parity with non-resident Indian in respect of facilities available to the latter in the economic, financial and educational field. (details separately available)
- Facilities as available to children of NRIs for obtaining admission to educational institutions in India , including medical colleges, engineering colleges, institute of technology, institute of management etc. under the general category.
- Facilities under the various housing schemes of LIC, State Govt. and other government agencies.