Occupations and processes where child labour is prohibited
No child should be employed or permitted to work in any occupations set forth below, or in any workshop wherein any of the processes listed in Part B of the schedule is carried on, except a workshop wherein the process is carried on by the occupier with the aid of his family or a Government recognized /aided school.
Any occupation connected with –
- Transport of passengers, goods or mails by railway,
- Cinder picking, clearing of an ash pit or building operation in the railway premises,
- Work in a catering establishment at a railway station, involving the movement of a vendor or any other employee of the establishment, from one platform to another or into or out of a moving train,
- Work relating to the construction of a railway station or with any other work which is done in close proximity to or between the railway lines,
- A port authority within the limits of any port,
- Work relating to selling of crackers and fireworks in shops with temporary licences , and
- Abattoirs/Slaughter Houses.