Amar Nath Neogi Vs. State of Jharkhand
[Criminal Appeal No. 1758 of 2017 @ Special Leave Petition (CRL) Nos. 7487/2017]
1. Leave granted.
2. The appellant is an accused in Case No.680/2015 corresponding to G.R. NO.4839/2015 under Sections 420, 467, 468 and 471 of the I.P.C. We are informed that the investigation has already been completed. We also found from the records that the appellant is a senior citizen, having crossed the age of 65 years. We are also informed that he was never in Government service. We fail to understand as to why the appellant prayed for anticipatory bail in a case where final report has been filed.
3. In the above circumstances, we dispose of this appeal as follows: The appellant shall surrender before the Court of competent jurisdiction where the final report has been filed, within two weeks from today. On such surrender, the appellant shall be released on bail on his executing a bond to the tune of Rs.50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand) with two solvent sureties to the equal amount.
4. The appeal is, accordingly, disposed of.
5. Pending applications, if any, shall stand disposed of.
6. There shall be no orders as to costs.
.......................J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
.......................J. [R. BANUMATHI]
OCTOBER 10, 2017.