B. Kodappa and Ors. Vs. Lakkamma (D) by LRS. and Ors.
[Civil Appeal No.5811 of 2017 @ Special Leave Petition (C) No.14000/2016]
1. Leave granted.
2. On 03.10.2016, this Court passed the following order:-
"Since a learned counsel has appeared on behalf of all the respondents including respondent Nos.10 and 11 on whom notice is not completed as yet, the requirement of notice stands waived.
None appears on behalf of the petitioners. From the submission advanced on behalf of the learned counsel for the respondents it appears that the parties are interested in settling the dispute through mediation. If that be the case, they are granted liberty to appear before the Mediation Centre at Bangalore High Court with a copy of this order on 21st October, 2016 at 2.00 p.m.
We expect that the Mediation proceedings will be concluded within a period of four weeks after it is initiated. Post this matter after receipt of the Report from the Mediation Centre or earlier, if mentioned by any of the parties."
3. The Bangalore Mediation Centre, Karnataka, vide letter dated 13.02.2017 has forwarded a Memorandum of Settlement reached between the parties dated 04.02.2017. The Memorandum of Settlement duly signed by all the parties and their respective counsel is already on record.
4. This appeal is disposed of in terms of Memorandum of Settlement, referred to above, which shall form part of this judgment.
5. Pending applications, if any, shall stand disposed of.
6. There shall be no orders as to costs.
.......................J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
.......................J. [R. BANUMATHI]
MAY 01, 2017.