Shri Anoop Srivastava & ANR. Vs. Rais Ahmed (Barber) & Ors.
[Civil Appeal Nos. 1677-1679 of 2016 @ Special Leave Petition (C) Nos. 4372-4374 of 2015]
1. Leave granted.
2. The appellants have approached this Court aggrieved by interim orders dated 14.10.2014, 03.12.2014 and 15.12.2014 passed by the High Court of Delhi in its contempt jurisdiction.
3. When the matters came up before this Court, this Court passed the following order on 05.02.2015:- "Delay condoned. Issue notice returnable in two weeks. Dasti, in addition. Post the matter on 19th February, 2015. Until further orders, the operation of the portion of the impugned orders dated 14.10.2014, 03.12.2014 and 15.12.2014 relating to the appearance of the petitioners or any other alleged contemnors/respondents shall remain stayed. However, it will be open to the High Court to proceed with the matter in accordance with law."
4. We are informed that the main matters are now posted for hearing on 26.02.2016 in the High Court.
5. After having heard the learned counsel appearing for both the sides, we are of the view that the interim protection given by this Court, as extracted above, shall continue till the main matters are disposed of by the High Court.
6. With the above observations and directions, these appeals are disposed of with no order as to costs.
.......................J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
.......................J. [ROHINTON FALI NARIMAN]
February 23, 2016.