Arshad @ Syed Ahmed Arshad Vs. State of Punjab
[Criminal Appeal No.1164 of 2015 arising out of SLP (CRL.) No.5861 of 2015]
ANIL R. DAVE, J.
1. Heard the learned counsel.
2. Leave granted.
3. Looking at the facts of the case, we direct that in the event of arrest of the appellant, he shall be enlarged on bail on the conditions which might be thought proper by the Court concerned.
4. It is further directed that the appellant shall deposit Rs.25 lakhs (Rupees Twenty Five Lakhs only) within two weeks from today and a further sum of Rs.7,50,000/- (Rupees Seven Lakhs Fifty Thousand only) within eight weeks from today, so as to make a total sum of Rs.50 lakhs (Rupees Fifty Lakhs only), with the trial court.
5. The deposit of the afore-said amount shall be without rights and contentions which might be raised by the parties. The amount so deposited shall be subject to the final order which might be passed by the trial court.
6. The amount which has been deposited with this Court shall be transmitted to the trial court.
7. The appellant shall cooperate with the investigation.
8. With the above observations, the appeal is disposed of. Pending application, if any, stands disposed of.
..............J. [ANIL R. DAVE]
..............J. [ADARSH KUMAR GOEL]
7th September, 2015.