State of Punjab & Ors. Vs. Gurdev Singh & Ors.
[Civil Appeal No(S). 1733/2018 arising from SLP (C) No. 4293 of 2018 @ Diary No.523/2018]
[Civil Appeal No(S).1734-1745/2018 arising from SLP (C) Nos.4294-4305/2018 @ Diary No.1772/2018]
1. Leave granted.
2. The appellants are before this Court, aggrieved by the judgments dated 30.11.2016 passed in RFA No.4660/2009, RFA Nos.4110-4120/2003 & 4402/2003 by the High Court of Punjab and Haryana at Chandigarh.
3. The issue pertains to the fixation of land value in respect of the land acquired from the respondents. We find that the relied on judgment has been set aside and has been remanded to the High Court by this Court by order dated 11.01.2017 passed in C.A. Nos.1949-1966/2016 and connected matters.
4. In that view of the matter, we do not think it necessary to issue notice to the respondents and then pass the order. Instead, safeguarding the interest of the respondents, we feel it appropriate to set aside the impugned judgments and remit the matters to the High Court, to be taken up along with all connected matters.
5. We direct the appellants to serve a copy of this judgment along with a copy of the petitions to the respondents, within four weeks.
6. The appeals are, accordingly, disposed of.
7. Pending applications, if any, shall stand disposed of.
8. There shall be no orders as to costs.
..........................J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
..........................J. [MOHAN M. SHANTANAGOUDAR]
FEBRUARY 07, 2018.