Pintu Ghosh Vs. State of Assam and Ors.
[Civil Appeal No.8591 of 2017 arising out of SLP (C) No. 21267 of 2014]
O R D E R
1. Leave granted.
2. This appeal is directed against the order in Writ Appeal No.426/2013, dated 3rd February, 2014, whereby Gauhati High Court directed deposit of a sum of Rs.14,05,000/- collected by sale of bricks in public auction. The Court further directed delivery of the bricks sold in auction to the auction-purchaser.
3. Learned counsel for the appellant submits that the amount collected by auctioning the bricks has been deposited with the Deputy Commissioner and the bricks have been handed over to the auction-purchaser. He further submits that the appellant may be permitted to withdraw the amount of Rs.14,05,000/- deposited with the Deputy Commissioner.
4. Learned counsel for the respondents submits that the Deputy Commissioner may be permitted to deduct the amount, if any, due to the respondents 1 to 3 out of the aforesaid amount.
5. Having heard learned counsel for the parties, we are of the view that it is just and proper for the appellant to make an appropriate representation before the Deputy Commissioner, District-Kamrup (Metro), Guwahati for release of the aforesaid amount. He is permitted to file a representation within a period of eight weeks from today. The Deputy Commissioner is directed to consider the representation and pass appropriate order thereon in accordance with law. Liberty is reserved to the Deputy Commissioner to deduct any amount due to respondents 1 to 3 out of the aforesaid amount.
6. The appeal is accordingly disposed of without orders as to costs.
................................................J. (J. CHELAMESWAR)
................................................J. (S. ABDUL NAZEER)
July 06, 2017
Item No.1501 Court No.3 Section XIV (For Orders)
Supreme Court of India
Record of Proceedings
Pintu Ghosh Vs. The State of Assam
[Civil Appeal No(s). 8591/2017 @ SLP(C) No.21267/2014]
This appeal was called on for pronouncement of order today.
HON'BLE MR. JUSTICE J. CHELAMESWAR
HON'BLE MR. JUSTICE S. ABDUL NAZEER
Mr. Anil Shrivastav, AOR
Mr. Shuvodeep Roy, AOR Hon'ble
Mr. Justice S. Abdul Nazeer
Pronounced the judgment of the Bench comprising Hon'ble Mr. Justice J. Chelameswar and His Lordship. Leave granted. The appeal is disposed of in terms of signed order.
Senior Personal Assistant
Signed order is placed on the file