Rita Maganlal Acharya @ Rita Subhash Shah Vs. Divisional Caste Certificate Scrutiny Committee & Ors.
[Civil Appeal No(S). 302 of 2017 arising from SLP (C) Nos. 18902/2014]
1. Leave granted.
2. The appellant is aggrieved since the order of the Caste Scrutiny Committee which upheld the claim of the appellant as belonging to Hindu Jogi has been stayed by the High Court.
3. Being an interim order, we do not propose to go into the merits of the matter. Since the fresh elections are due to be held around six months, we request the High Court to dispose of the writ petition expeditiously and preferably within three months from the production of a copy of this order.
4. Needless also to say that the writ petition will be disposed of on merits uninfluenced by any of the observations contained in the impugned interim order.
5. The appeal is disposed of.
6. There shall be no order as to costs.
7. Pending application(s), if any, shall stand disposed of.
.......................J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
.......................J. [A.M. KHANWILKAR]
JANUARY 10, 2017.