Radhey Raman Gupta Vs. Mahesh Chandra & Ors.
[Civil Appeal No. 754-55 of 2016 @ Special Leave Petition (C) No. 27553-27554 of 2010]
[Civil Appeal No. 757 of 2016 @ Special Leave Petition (C) No. 39508 of 2013]
1. Leave granted.
2. The issue raised in these appeals pertains to election to the Managing Committee of J. S. Hindu Inter College, Amroha, Uttar Pradesh. Now that the disputed term has already expired, it is not necessary for us to go into the facts.
3. The learned counsel for the appellant has submitted that despite the expiry of the term, no fresh elections have been held so far.
4. The learned counsel for the State has submitted that it is the Director of Education who has to oversee the election.
5. In case no elections have been held to the Managing Committee, we direct, in the peculiar background of these cases, the Director of Education, Government of U.P. to personally oversee the elections to the Managing Committee of J. S. Hindu Inter College, Amroha, U.P. at all stages including the preparation of electoral rolls and conclude the proceedings expeditiously and at any rate, within a period of six months. The impugned Judgment shall stand modified to the above extent.
6. With the above directions, the civil appeals are disposed of with no order as to costs.
.......................J. [KURIAN JOSEPH]
.......................J. [ROHINTON FALI NARIMAN]
February 02, 2016.