9. Notice to persons interested.-
(1) At any time before the expiration of-
(a) the period of eighteen months from the publication of the declaration referred to in section 3, or
(b) such other period not exceeding three years from the said publication as the 4[Central Government] 5*** may, by notification in the Official Gazette direct in this behalf, the Collector shall cause public notice to be given at convenient places on or near the land, stating the effect of the said declaration and that claims to compensation for all interests in such land affected by anything done or ordered in pursuance of such declaration may be made to him: Provided that, where anything has been done in exercise of the powers conferred, in case of emergency by section 6, sub-section (3), the notice prescribed by this section shall be given as soon as may be thereafter.
(2) Such notice shall state the particulars of any damage ordered to be done or, in the case referred to in section 6, sub-section (3), done in exercise of any of the powers conferred by the said section, and the particulars of any restrictions attaching to the land under section 7, and shall require all persons interested in the land to appear personally or by agent before the Collector at a time and place therein mentioned (such time not being earlier than fifteen days after the date of publication of the notice), and to state the nature of their respective interests in the land and the amount and particulars of their claims to compensation for damage to such interests and their objections (if any) to the measurements made under section 8. The Collector may in any case require such statement to be made in writing and signed by the party or his agent.
(3) The Collector shall also serve notice to the same effect on the occupier (if any) of such land and on all such persons known or believed to be interested therein, or to be entitled to act for persons so interested, as reside or have agents authorised to receive service on their behalf, within the revenue-district in which the land is situate.
(4) In case any person so interested resides elsewhere, and has no such agent the notice shall be sent to him by post in a letter addressed to him at his last known residence, address or place of business.