Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972
38B. Term of office and conditions of service of Chairperson and members, etc
(1) The chairperson and every member shall hold office for such period, not exceeding three years, as may be specified by the Central Government in this behalf.
(2) The chairperson or a member may by writing under his hand addressed to the Central Government, resign from the office of chairperson or, as the case may be, of the member.
(3) The Central Government shall remove a person from the office of chairperson or member referred to in sub-section (2) if that person-
(a) becomes an undischarged insolvent;
(b) gets convicted and sentenced to imprisonment for an offence which in the opinion of the Central Government involves moral turpitude;
(c) becomes of unsound mind and stands so declared by a competent court;
(d) refuses to act or becomes incapable of acting;
(e) is, without obtaining leave of absence from the authority, absent from three consecutive meetings of the Authority; or
(f) in the opinion of the Central Government has so abused the position of chairperson or member as to render that person's continuance in office detrimental to the public interest:
Provided that no person shall be removed under this clause unless that person has been given a reasonable opportunity of being heard in the matter.
(4) A vacancy caused under sub-section (2) or otherwise shall be filled by fresh appointment.
(5) The salaries and allowances and other conditions of appointment of chairperson, members and member-secretary of the Authority shall be such as may be prescribed.
(6) The Authority shall, with the previous sanction of the Central Government, employ such officers and other employees as it deems necessary to carry out the purposes of the Authority.
(7) The terms and conditions of service of the officers and other employees of the Authority shall be such as may be prescribed.
(8) No act or proceeding of the Authority shall be questioned or shall be invalid on the ground merely of the existence of any vacancies or defect in the constitution of the Authority.