11. War Injuries Compensation Insurance Fund.-
(1) The Central Government shall establish a fund for the purposes of this Act to be called the War Injuries Compensation Insurance Fund into which shall be paid all sums received by the Central Government by way of insurance premiums under the Scheme or by way of payments made on composition of offences under section 17 1[or any provision of law corresponding thereto in force in 2[any part of India to which this Act does not extend] or in the territories (hereinafter referred to as Administered Areas) set out in the Second Schedule] or by way of expenses or compensation awarded by a Court under section 545 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 18983 (5 of 1898), out of any fine imposed under this Act, or by way of penalties imposed under the Scheme, and out of which shall be paid all sums required for the discharge by the Central Government of any of its liabilities under this Act or the Scheme, or for the payment by the Central Government of the remuneration and expenses of agents employed for the purposes of the Scheme, or for the payment by the Central Government of the costs of administering the Scheme : Provided that no payment from the Fund shall be made in discharge of any liability of the Government to pay compensation to workmen employed by it.
(2) If at any time the sum standing to the credit of the Fund is less than the sum for the time being necessary for the adequate discharge of the purposes of the Fund, the Central Government shall pay into the Fund as an advance out of general revenues such amount as the Central Government considers necessary.
(3) If when all payments which have to be made out of the Fund have been defrayed, any balance remains in the Fund, the balance shall be constituted into a Fund to be utilised and administered by the Central Government for the benefit of workmen.
(4) The Central Government shall prepare in such form and manner as may be prescribed and shall publish every six months an account of all sums received into and paid out of the Fund.
1. Ins. by the War Injuries (Compensation Insurance) Amendment Ordinance, 1944 (54 of 1944), s. 5.
2. Ins. by s. 6, ibid.
3. Subs. by the A.O. 1950, for "Federal Railway".
4. Subs. by the Adaptation of Laws (No. 3) Order, 1956, for certain words.