20. Management of a State Warehousing Corporation.-
(1) The general superintendence and management of the affairs of a State Warehousing Corporation shall vest in a board of directors which shall consist of the following, namely:-
(a) five directors nominated by the Central Warehousing Corporation, of whom one shall be nominated in consultation with the State Bank and one at least shall be a non-official;
(b) five directors nominated by the State Government; and
(c) a managing director, appointed by the State Government in consultation with the directors referred to in clauses (a) and (b) and 3[under intimation to] with the previous approval of the Central Warehousing Corporation.
(2) The Chairman of the board of directors shall be appointed by the State Government from among the directors of the State Warehousing Corporation with the previous approval of the Central Warehousing Corporation.
(3) The managing director shall-
(a) exercise such powers and perform such duties as the board of directors or the State Warehousing Corporation may entrust or delegate to him; and
(b) receive such salary and allowances as the State Warehousing Corporation may, in consultation with the Central Warehousing Corporation, and with previous approval of the State Government, fix.
(4) The board of directors shall act on business principles having regard to public interest and shall be guided by such instructions on questions of policy as may be given to them by the State Government or the Central Warehousing Corporation.
(5) If any doubt arises as to whether a question is or is not a question of policy, or, if the State Government and the Central Warehousing Corporation give conflicting instructions, the matter shall be referred to the Central Government whose decision thereon shall be final.
(6) The directors of a State Warehousing Corporation, other than the managing director, shall be entitled to receive by way of remuneration such sums as may be prescribed: Provided that no official director shall be entitled to receive any remuneration other than any allowances admissible to him under the rules regulating his conditions of service.
(7) The term of office of, and the manner of filling casual vacancies among, directors shall be such as may be prescribed.