State Warehousing Corporations
18. State Warehousing Corporations.-
(1) The State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette and with the approval of the Central Warehousing Corporation, establish a Warehousing Corporation for the State under such name as may be specified in the notification.
(2) A State Warehousing Corporation established under sub-section (1) shall be a body corporate by the name notified under that sub-section, having perpetual succession and a common seal, with power to acquire, hold and dispose of property and to contract, and may, by the said name, sue and be sued.
(3) The head-office of a State Warehousing Corporation shall be at such place within the State as may be notified in the Official Gazette.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-sections (1), (2) and (3), it shall not be necessary for the State Government to establish a Corporation under sub-section (1) where, under clause (g) of sub-section (2) of section 43, a Corporation is deemed to be established for that State under this Act.