The Warehousing (Development and Regulation) Act, 2007
Chapter IX Appeals
42. Appeals to Appellate Authority. -
1. Any person aggrieved by an order of the Authority made under this Act, or any rules or the regulations made there under may prefer an appeal to such person or authority appointed by the Central Government (hereafter referred to as the Appellate Authority) within sixty days from the date of such order:
Provided that an appeal may be admitted after the expiry of the said period of sixty days but not beyond a total period of ninety days if the appellant satisfies the Appellate Authority that he had sufficient cause for not preferring the appeal within the said period.
2. Every appeal made under this section shall be made in such form and manner and shall be accompanied by a copy of the order appealed against and by such fees as may be prescribed.
3. The procedure for disposing of an appeal shall be such as may be prescribed: Provided that before disposing of an appeal, the appellant shall be given a reasonable opportunity of being heard.
4. An appeal filed before the Appellate Authority shall be heard and disposed of as expeditiously as possible and endeavour shall be made to finally dispose of the appeal within a period of ninety days from the date of its filing.