73. Power of Chief Executive Officer to direct banks or other person to make payments.-
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, the Chief Executive Officer, if he is satisfied that it is necessary and expedient so to do, make an order directing any bank in which, or any person with whom any money belonging to a 1[waqf] is deposited, to pay the contribution, leviable under section 72, out of such money, as may be standing to the credit of the 1[waqf] in such bank or may be deposited with such person, or out of the moneys which may, from time to time, be received by bank or other person for or on behalf of the 1[waqf] by way of deposit, and on receipt of such orders, the bank or the other person, as the case may be, shall, when no appeal has been preferred under sub-section (3), comply with such orders, or where an appeal has been preferred under sub-section (3), shall comply, with the orders made by the Tribunal on such appeal.
(2) Every payment made by a bank or other person in pursuance of any order made under sub-section (1), shall operate as a full discharge of the liability of such bank or other person in relation to the sum so paid.
(3) Any bank or other person who is ordered under sub-section (1) to make any payment may, within thirty days from the date of the order, prefer an appeal against such order to the Tribunal and the decision of the Tribunal on such appeal shall be final. (4) Every officer of the bank or other person who fails, without any reasonable excuse, to comply with the order made under sub-section (1) or, as the case may be, under sub-section (3), shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to six months or with fine which may extend to eight thousand rupees, or with both.
1. Ins. by Act 27 of 2013, s. 41 (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).
2. Subs. by s. 4, ibid., for "wakf" (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).