69. Power of Board to frame scheme for administration of 2[waqf].-
4[(1) Where the Board is satisfied after an enquiry, whether on its own motion or on the application of not less than five persons interested in any waqf, to frame a scheme for the proper administration of the waqf, it may, by an order, frame such scheme for the administration of the waqf, after giving reasonable opportunity and after consultation with the mutawalli or others in the prescribed manner.]
(2) A scheme framed under sub-section (1) may provide for the removal of the mutawalli of the 2[waqf] holding office as such immediately before the date on which the scheme comes into force: Provided that where any such scheme provides for the removal of any hereditary mutawalli, the scheme shall also provide for the appointment of the person next in hereditary succession to the mutawalli so removed, as one of the members of the committee appointed for the proper administration of the 2[waqf].
(3) Every order made under sub-section (2) shall be published in the prescribed manner, and, on such publication shall be final and binding on the mutawalli, and all persons interested in the 2[waqf]: Provided that any person aggrieved by an order made under this section may, within sixty days from the date of the order, prefer an appeal to the Tribunal and after hearing such appeal, the Tribunal may confirm, reverse or modify the order: Provided further that the Tribunal shall have no power to stay the operation of the order made under this section.
(4) The Board may, at any time by an order, whether made before or after the scheme has come into force, cancel or modify the scheme.
(5) Pending the framing of the scheme for the proper administration of the 1[waqf], the Board may appoint a suitable person to perform all or any of the functions of the mutawalli thereof and to exercise the powers, and perform the duties, of such mutawalli.
1. Subs. by Act 27 of 2013, s. 38, for "Magistrate of the first class" and "Magistrate" (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).
2. Subs. by s. 4, ibid., for "wakf" (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).
3. Subs. by s. 38, ibid., for "the Magistrate" (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).
4. Subs. by s. 39, ibid., for sub-section (1) (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).