67. Supervision and supersession of committee of Management.-
(1) Whenever the supervision or management of a 1[waqf] is vested in any committee appointed by the 1[waqf], then, notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, such committee shall continue to function until it is superseded by the Board or until the expiry of its term as may be specified by the 1[waqf], whichever is earlier: Provided that such committee shall function under the direction, control and supervision of the Board and abide by such directions as the Board may issue from time to time: Provided further that if the Board is satisfied that any scheme for the management of a 1[waqf] by a committee is inconsistent with any provision of this Act or of any rule made thereunder or with the directions of the 1[waqf], it may, at any time, modify the scheme in such manner as may be necessary to bring it in conformity with the directions of the 1[waqf] or of the provisions of this Act and the rules made thereunder.
(2) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, and in the deed of the 1[waqf], the Board may, if it is satisfied, for reasons to be recorded in writing, that a committee, referred to in sub-section (1) is not functioning properly and satisfactorily, or that the 1[waqf] is being mismanaged and that in the interest of its proper management, it is necessary so to do, by an order, supersede such committee, and, on such supersession, any direction of the 1[waqf], in so far as it relates to the constitution of the committee, shall cease to have any force:
Provided that the Board shall, before making any order superseding any committee, issue a notice setting forth therein the reasons for the proposed action and calling upon the Committee to show cause within such time, not being less than one month, as may be specified in the notice, as to why such action shall not be taken.
(3) Every order made by the Board under sub-section (2) shall be published in the prescribed manner and on such publication shall be binding on the mutawalli and all persons having any interest in the 1[waqf].
(4) Any order made by the Board under sub-section (2) shall be final: Provided that any person aggrieved by the order made under sub-section (2) may, within sixty days from the date of the order, appeal to the Tribunal: Provided further that the Tribunal shall have no power to suspend the operation of the order made by the Board pending such appeal.
(5) The Board shall, whenever it supersedes any committee under sub-section (2), constitute a new committee of management simultaneously with the order made by it under sub-section (2).
(6) Notwithstanding anything contained in the foregoing sub-sections, the Board may, instead of superseding any committee under sub-section (2), remove any member thereof if it is satisfied that such member has abused his position as such member or had knowingly acted in a manner prejudicial to the interests of the 1[waqf], and every such order for the removal of any member shall be served upon him by registered post: Provided that no order for the removal of the member shall be made unless he has been given a reasonable opportunity of showing cause against the proposed action:
Provided further that any member aggrieved by any order for his removal from the membership of the committee may, within a period of thirty days from the date of service of the order on him, prefer an appeal against such order to the Tribunal and Tribunal may, after giving a reasonable opportunity to the appellant and the Board of being heard, confirm, modify or reverse the order made by the Board and the order made by the Tribunal in such appeal shall be final.