58. Power of Board to pay dues in case of default by mutawalli.-
(1) Where a mutawalli refuses to pay or fails to pay any revenue, cess, rates or taxes due to the Government or any local authority, the Board may discharge dues from the 1[Waqf] Fund and may recover the amount so paid from the 1[waqf] property and may also recover damages not exceeding twelve and a half per cent. of the amount so paid.
(2) Any sum of money due under sub-section (1) may, on a certificate issued by the Board after giving the mutawalli concerned an opportunity of being heard, be recovered in the same manner as an arrear of land revenue.
1. Subs. by Act 27 of 2013, s. 4, for "wakf" (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).
2. Subs. by, s. 35, ibid., for "A lease or sub-lease for any period exceeding three years" (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).
3. Ins. by s. 35, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).
4. Subs. by s. 35, ibid., for "A lease or sub-lease for any period exceeding one year and not exceeding three years" (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).
5. The words "or sub-lease" omitted by s. 35, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).