55A. Disposal of property left on waqf property by unauthorised occupants.-
(1) Where any person has been evicted from any waqf property under sub-section (4) of section 54, the Chief Executive Officer may, after giving fourteen days' notice to the person from whom possession of the waqf property has been taken and after publishing the notice in at least one newspaper having circulation in the locality and after proclaiming the contents of the notice by placing it on conspicuous part of the waqf property, remove or cause to be removed or dispose of by public auction any property remaining on such premises.
(2) Where any property is sold under sub-section (1), the sale proceeds shall, after deducting the expenses relating to removal, sale and such other expenses, the amount, if any, due to the State Government or a local authority or a corporate authority on account of arrears of rent, damages or costs, be paid to such person, as may appear to the Chief Executive Officer to be entitled to the same: Provided that where the Chief Executive Officer is unable to decide as to the person to whom the balance of the amount is payable or as to the appointment of the same, he may refer such dispute to the Tribunal and the decision of the Tribunal thereon shall be final.]
1. Subs. by Act 27 of 2013, s. 4, for "wakf" (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).
2. Subs. by s. 32, ibid., for "he may, by an order, require the encroacher to remove" (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).
3. Subs. by s. 32, ibid., for sub-section (4) (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).
4. Subs. by s. 33, ibid., for "sub-section (3)" (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).
5. Subs. by s. 33, ibid., for "apply to the Sub-Divisional Magistrate" (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).
6. Ins. by s. 34, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).