49. Sums certified to be due recoverable as arrears of land revenue.-
(1) Every sum certified to be due from any person by an auditor in his report under section 47 unless such certificate is modified or cancelled by an order of the Board or of the Tribunal made under section 48, and every sum due on a modified certificate shall be paid by such person within sixty days after the service of a demand notice for the same issued by the Board.
(2) If such payment is not made in accordance with the provisions of sub-section (1), the sum payable may, on a certificate issued by the Board after giving the person concerned an opportunity of being heard, be recovered in the same as an arrear of land revenue.
1. Ins. by Act 27 of 2013, s. 28 (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).
2. Subs. by s. 4, ibid., for "wakf" (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).
3. Subs. by s. 4, ibid., for "wakfs" (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).
4. Subs. by s. 28, ibid., for "more than ten thousand rupees but less than fifteen thousand rupees" (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).