48. Board to pass orders on auditor's report.-
(1) The Board shall examine the auditor's report, and may call for the explanation of any person in regard to any matter mentioned therein, and shall pass such orders as it thinks fit including orders for the recovery of the amount certified by the auditor under sub-section (2) of section 47.
(2) The mutawalli or any other person aggrieved by any order made by the Board may, within thirty days of the receipt by him of the order, apply to the Tribunal to modify or set aside the order and the Tribunal may, after taking such evidence as it may think necessary, confirm or modify the order or remit the amount so certified, either in whole or in part, and may also make such order as to costs as it may think appropriate in the circumstances of the case.
(3) No application made under sub-section (2) shall be entertained by the Tribunal unless the amount certified by the auditor under sub-section (2) of section 47 has first been deposited in the Tribunal and the Tribunal shall not have any power to stay the operation of the order made by the Board under sub-section (1).
(4) The order made by the Tribunal under sub-section (2) shall be final.
(5) Every amount for the recovery of which any order has been made under sub-section (1) or sub-section (2) shall, where such amount remains unpaid, be recoverable in the manner specified in section 34 or section 35 as if the said order were an order for the recovery of any amount determined under sub-section (3) of section 35.