35. Conditional attachment by Tribunal.-
(1) Where the Chief Executive Officer is satisfied that the mutawalli or any other person who has been ordered under sub-section (3) or sub-section (5) of section 33 to make any payment, with intent to defeat or delay the execution of the said order,-
(a) is about to dispose of the whole or any part of the property; or
(b) is about to remove the whole or any part of the property from the jurisdiction of the Chief Executive Officer, he may, with prior approval of the Board, apply to the Tribunal for the conditional attachment of the said property or such part thereof, as he may think necessary.
(2) The Chief Executive Officer shall, unless the Tribunal otherwise directs, specify in the application the property required to be attached and the estimated value thereof.
(3) The Tribunal may direct the mutawalli or the person concerned, as the case may be, within a time to be fixed by it, either to furnish security, in such sum as may be specified in the order, to produce and place at the disposal of the Tribunal when required, the said property or the value of the same or such portion thereof as may be sufficient to satisfy the amount specified in the certificate referred to in section 34, or to appear and show cause why he should not furnish such security.
(4) The Tribunal may also in the order direct the conditional attachment of the whole or any portion of the property so specified. (5) Every attachment made under this section shall be made in accordance with the provisions of the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908), as if it were an order for attachment made under the provision of the said Code.
1. Subs. by Act 27 of 2013, s. 4, for "wakf" (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).