16. Disqualification for being appointed, or for continuing as, a member of the Board.-
A person shall be disqualified for being appointed, or for continuing as, a member of the Board if-
(a) he is not a Muslim and is less than twenty-one years of age;
(b) he is found to be a person of unsound mind;
(c) he is an undischarged insolvent; (d) he has been convicted of an offence involving moral turpitude and such conviction has not been reversed or he has not been granted full pardon in respect of such offence; 1[(da) he has been held guilty of encroachment on any waqf property;]
(e) he has been on a previous occasion- (i) removed from his office as a member or as a mutawalli, or (ii) removed by an order of a competent court or tribunal from any position of trust either for mismanagement or for corruption.]
1. Ins. by Act 27 of 2013, s. 13 (w.e.f. 1-11-2913).
2. Sub-sections (5) and (7) omitted by s. 13, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).
3. Subs. by s. 4, ibid., for "wakfs" (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).
4. Ins. by s. 14, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-11-2013).