Voluntary Disclosure of Income and Wealth Act, 1976
5. Time for payment of income-tax and for investment in notified securities.-
(1) Subject to the provisions of sub-section (2), the income-tax payable under this Act in respect of the voluntarily disclosed income shall be paid by the declarant before making the declaration and the declaration shall be accompanied by proof of payment of such tax.
(2) If the Commissioner is satisfied, on an application made in this behalf by the declarant, that the declarant is unable, for good and sufficient reasons, to pay the full amount of income-tax in respect of the voluntarily disclosed income in accordance with sub-section (1), he may extend the time for payment of the amount which remains unpaid or allow payment thereof by instalments if the declarant furnishes adequate security for the payment thereof; so, however, that an amount which is not less than one-half of the amount of income-tax payable in respect of the voluntarily disclosed income shall be paid on or before the 31st day of March, 1976 and the remainder, if any, on or before the 31st day of March, 1977.
(3) The security required to be furnished by a declarant for the purposes of sub-section (2) shall be in such form and in such manner as the Commissioner may, in his discretion, direct.
(4) The investment in the securities referred to in sub-section (3) of section 3 shall be made by the declarant within thirty days from the date on which the declaration is made by him under sub-section (1) of that section.