6[22. The Karma-Samiti (Executive Council).-
(1) The Karma-Samiti (Executive Council) shall be the principal executive body of the University.
(2) The constitution of the Karma-Samiti (Executive Council) and the term of office of its members shall be such as may be prescribed by the Statutes. 11
(3) The Karma-Samiti (Executive Council) shall exercise the following powers and perform the following functions, namely:-
(a) to manage and administer the revenue and property of the University and to conduct all administrative affairs of the University not otherwise provided for in this act or the Statutes;
(b) to create teaching and academic posts and to define the duties and conditions of service of Professor, Readers, Lecturers and other adhyapakas and academic staff employed by the University:
Provided that before determining the number, qualifications and emoluments of adhyapakas and other academic staff, the Karma-Samiti (Executive Council) shall consider the recommendations of the Siksha-Samiti (Academic Council);
(c) to appoint such Professors, readers, Lecturers and other adhyapakas and academic staff as may be necessary on the recommendation of the Selection Committees constituted for the purpose and to fill up temporary vacancies therein;
(d) to provide for the appointment of Visiting Professors, Emeritus Professors, Fellows, Scholars, Resident Artists and Resident Writers and to determine the terms and conditions of such appointment;
(e) to manage and regulate the finances, accounts, investments, property, business and all other administrative affairs of the University, and for that purpose, to appoint such agents as it may think fit;
(f) to invest any money belonging to the University, including any unapplied income, in such stocks, funds, shares or securities as it thinks fit, or in the purchase of immovable property in India;
(g) to exercise such other powers and perform such other functions as may be conferred or specified by this Act or the Statutes.]
1. Subs. by Act 31 of 1984, s. 11, for sections 16 and 17 (w.e.f. 8-8-1984).
2. The word "and" omitted by s. 12, ibid. (w.e.f. 8-8-1984).
3. Ins. by s. 12, ibid. (w.e.f. 8-8-1984).
4. Clause (4) re-numbered as clause (6) by s.12, ibid. (w.e.f. 8-8-1984).
5. Subs. by s. 13, ibid., for sections 19, 20 and 21 (w.e.f. 8-8-1984).
6. Subs. by s. 14, ibid., for sections 22 and 23 (w.e.f. 8-8-1984).