81. Staff of the Management Board.-
(1) The Board may employ such staff, as it may consider necessary for the efficient discharge of its functions under this Act. Such staff shall at the first instance, be appointed on deputation from the successor State failing which through any other method:
Provided that every person who, immediately before the constitution of the said Board, was engaged in the construction, maintenance or operation of the works relating to the projects referred to in clause (i) of sub-section (1) of section 79 shall continue to be so employed under the Board in connection with the said works on the same terms and conditions of service as were applicable to him before such constitution until the Central Government, by order, directs otherwise:
Provided further that the said Board may, in consultation with the Government of the successor State or the Electricity Board concerned and with the prior approval of the Central Government, retain any such person for service under that State Government or Board.
(2) The Government of the successor States shall at all times provide the necessary funds to the Board to meet all expenses (including the salaries and allowances of the staff) required for the discharge of its functions and such amounts shall be apportioned between the States concerned in such proportion as the Central Government may, having regard to the benefits to each of the said States specify.
(3) The Board shall be under the control of the Central Government and shall comply with such directions, as may, from time to time, be given to it by that Government.
(4) The Board may delegate such of its powers, functions and duties as it may deem fit to the Chairman of the said Board or to any officer subordinate to the Board.
(5) The Central Government may, for the purpose of enabling the Board to function efficiently, issue such directions to the State Governments concerned, or any other authority, and the State Governments, or the other authority shall comply with such directions.