72. Provisions relating to All-India Services.-
(1) In this section, the expression "State cadre"-
(a) in relation to the Indian Administrative Service, has the meaning assigned to it in the Indian Administrative Service (Cadre) Rules, 1954;
(b) in relation to the Indian Police Service, has the meaning assigned to it in the Indian Police Service (Cadre) Rules, 1954; and
(c) in relation to the Indian Forest Service, has the meaning assigned to it in the Indian Forest Service (Cadre) Rules, 1966.
(2) In place of the cadres of the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Police Service and Indian Forest Service for the existing State of Uttar Pradesh, there shall, on and from the appointed day, be two separate cadres, one for the State of Uttar Pradesh and the other for the State of Uttaranchal in respect of each of these services.
(3) The initial strength and composition of the State cadres referred to in sub-section (2) shall be such as the Central Government may, by order, determine before the appointed day.
(4) The members of each of the said services borne on the Uttar Pradesh cadre thereof immediately before the appointed day shall be allocated to the State cadres of the same service constituted under sub-section (2) in such manner and with effect from such date or dates as the Central Government may, by order, specify.
(5) Nothing in this section shall be deemed to affect the operation, on or after the appointed day, of the All-India Services Act, 1951 (61 of 1951), or the rules made thereunder.