65. Provisions as to Uttar Pradesh State Financial Corporation.-
(1) The Uttar Pradesh State Financial Corporation established under the State Financial Corporations Act, 1951 (63 of 1951) shall, on
and from the appointed day, continue to function in those areas in respect of which it was functioning immediately before that day, subject to the provisions of this section and to such directions as may, from time to time, be issued by the Central Government.
(2) Any directions issued by the Central Government under sub-section (1) in respect of the Corporation may include a direction that the said Act, in its application to the Corporation, shall have effect subject to such exceptions and modifications as may be specified in the direction.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (1) or sub-section (2), the Board of Directors of the Corporation may, with the previous approval of the Central Government and shall, if so required by the Central Government, convene at any time after the appointed day a meeting for the consideration of a scheme for the reconstitution or reorganisation or dissolution, as the case may be, of the Corporation, including proposals regarding the formation of new Corporations, and the transfer thereto of the assets, rights and liabilities of the existing Corporation, and if such a scheme is approved at the general meeting by a resolution passed by a majority of the shareholders present and voting, the scheme shall be submitted to the Central Government for its sanction.
(4) If the scheme is sanctioned by the Central Government either without modifications or with modifications which are approved at a general meeting, the Central Government shall certify the scheme, and upon such certification, the scheme shall, notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in any other law for the time being in force, be binding on the Corporations affected by the scheme as well as the shareholders and creditors thereof.
(5) If the scheme is not so approved or sanctioned, the Central Government may refer the scheme to such Judge of the High Court of Uttar Pradesh and Uttaranchal as may be nominated in this behalf by the Chief Justice thereof, and the decision of the Judge in regard to the scheme shall be final and shall be binding on the Corporations affected by the scheme as well as the shareholders and creditors thereof.
(6) Nothing in the preceding provisions of this section shall be construed as preventing the Government of the States of Uttar Pradesh and Uttaranchal from constituting, at any time on or after the appointed day, a State Financial Corporation for that State under the State Financial Corporations Act, 1951 (63 of 1951).