The University of Hyderabad Act, 1974
25. Statutes how made.-
(1) The first Statutes are those set out in the Schedule.
(2) The Executive Council may, from time to time, make new or additional Statutes or may amend or repeal the Statutes referred to in the sub-section (1):
Provided that the Executive Council shall not make, amend or repal any Statute affecting the status, powers or constitution of any authority of the University until such authority has been given an opportunity of expressing an opinion in writing on the proposed changes, and any opinion so expressed shall be considered by the Executive Council.
(3) Every new Statute or addition to the Statutes or any amendment or repeal of a Statute shall require the approval of the Visitor who may assent thereto or withhold assent or remit the same to the Executive Council for consideration.
(4) A new Statute or a Statute amending or repealing an existing Statute shall have no validity unless it has been assented to by the Visitor.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in the foregoing sub-sections, the Visitor may make new or additional Statutes or amend or repeal the Statutes referred to in sub-section (1) during the period of three years immediately after the commencement of this Act:
Provided that the Visitor may, on the expiry of the said period of three years make, within one year from the date of such expiry, such detailed Statutes as he may consider necessary and such detailed Statutes shall be laid before both Houses of Parliament.